Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dear Family,
Everett, WA is absolutely wonderful. We are working our tails off out here trying to keep up with all our appointments. It kind of reminds me when I was in High School but much more rewarding. I love it. My companion Elder Vandehei is great. This is his second transfer and he is a wonderful missionary. So I have to tell you about a small miracle that happened. I only have time to write one but miracles happen daily out here.
So last week we dropped off our van at the Dodge dealership to do some electrical work that was under warranty. We expected it to only take a few hours. During that time we were going to study because we were way out of our area at that time and it was in the morning. Then they told us that it would take at least a day. So we started walking home, I would guess about 4 miles (give or take 6 miles). It was going to be a long trip back and we are the only missionaries with a car nearby. So we started walking. I found a little over a dollar in change in my bag. So we decided to try the buses. We didn't know when would come, where they were headed... but as long as it was headed in the right direction. We stopped at the first bus stop we saw hopped onto the first but that came and headed off. You wouldn't believe it but that bus took us and dropped us off two blocks away from our house :). It was such a blessing. We rode the buses around that day and talked to so many people. We even got kicked out of the Mall parking lot where the buses have the endpoint of there route. It was fun. There was a few that were listening on the bus where we were telling this one man about the Restoration and they were asking us questions. Then when we got off the bus, a security guard was driving by and saw us talking to people as we got off the bus and told us that we couldn't hand out anything. Then drove off. There also was a recent convert on the bus so while we both waited for the next bus. A random man down the bench started asking us about our beliefs and so we would answer his questions. Then once again the security guard drove up and said "I told you.." I explained that the man was the one who started asking us questions. The security guard didn't care what I said and said, "I know your ways... I will have to ask you to leave," so we did. He literally sat there and drove next to us until we left. It was so much fun. That is an example of how Everett is. There is so much reaping to be done here. We are going crazy trying to keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment